The iSparkle2 Parent Connect exists to strengthen families by providing education and support to parents enabling them to raise girls who develop into healthy, productive, and caring members of their communities.
Parent Connect encompasses structured activities designed to improve parental effectiveness by providing positive parenting skills and strategies that can be used immediately to address a variety of parental challenges and problems.
Parent Connect engages parents through monthly workshops, service-learning projects, and fun outings for the entire family!
Parent Connect workshop topics include:
- Current teen issues
- Styles of parenting
- Building courage and self-esteem
- Drugs, sexuality and violence
- Conflict Reduction
- Five goals of teen behavior
- Problem-prevention talks
- Helping teens develop responsibility
- Respectful discipline skills
- Mutual respect
- Effective communication skills
- Avoiding communication blocks
- Family talks
- Family council meetings
- Suicide Awarenes